Mar 12, 2011

The Evolution of a Censored Backside

I wanted to write a quick post describing my experiences with a certain bottom you might be acquianted with.

You see...When I started this blog a while ago I uploaded an image of a man exposing his hindquarters to the world.

This is the image in question in question:

(you may remember him from my posting #1)

Well...I liked the image so much that I decided to colorize it in photshop and post it to my deviantart web gallery.

There it remained and enjoyed a fair amount of fame and infamy on the notoriously homophoic website.

However as many controversial images (I really didn't think this image could possibly be considered that controversial....i mean all he really is exposing is underside of his "coin purse".) tend to do...
...he garnered the ire and irritation of some of the more puritanical members od the deviantart family, that for some reason beyond my comprehension did not approve of him...or more accurately did not logging on to their respective galleries to find his ever increasingly popular "bonche", representing my artists group, gracing their pages of their galleries...

So he was inevitably reported to the deviantart admins for removal due to nudity and content violations.

Scandal!!!

Now let me explain something.

Although the original line drawing, as well as the colorized version were uploaded to my personal deviantart gallery, where they could be enjoyed by those who wished to catch a glimpse of his gorgeous "ass"ets, I went out of my way to make sure that these larger images were sorted as "Adult/Mature Content" thereby complying with the website's nudity rules.

The small avatar used by my group, which shows up as a group stamp on images which artists have lent to my group for showcasing, could apparently not be filtered out by deviantarts mature content filters.

Now heres the kicker...it wasn't the rather large images of the line drawing or its colorized doppleganger which were banned but this small avatar that was found to be in violation.

Now let me explain the last bit of minutia. The avatar when uploaded measured a woopin' 50x100 pxls.

Now I understand that the website is incable of filtering the avatars of groups from underage website members but come on....you have to be looking hard and long to get off on a extremely small image such as this lol
You'd need a micrscope to consider this pornographic.
So in response and with the encouragement of all the original images fans who actually went as far as asking the admins to reinstate the original image (much respect you guys...) here is the censored version which was uploaded in its place to poke fun at the extremely rigid and unrealistic nudity rule on an art website.


I hope the admins at deviantart figure out that censorship especially in the field of the arts, which they profess to encourage and respect, go against everything the website is trying to accomplish...just my two scense :)










No comments:

Post a Comment